Iron Mountain Senior Business Development Executive in Columbus, Ohio
At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary, while helping them bridge the physical and digital world. Our people have the opportunity to bring their creativity to a workplace that thrives on change. Here, you will be part of a team that doesn’t just embrace what’s exceptional. It creates exceptional.
As a trusted partner to our clients there is a requirement that our Mountaineers must be vaccinated.
US | MI | Detroit
US | PA | Philadelphia/Pittsburgh
US | OH | Cleveland
Iron Mountain is seeking a Sr. Business Development Executive to join our Enterprise Sales Team. TheSr. Business Development Executives (BDE) focus on selling net new sales opportunities to new & existing commercial customers with $500M - $1B+ in annual revenue through strategic account planning, prospecting, networking, and executing on marketing initiatives to increase Iron Mountain’s (IRM) footprint within the assigned Book of Business resulting in revenue growth and quota attainment.
● Assessing prospective customer’s current and potential needs, determining appropriate new revenue streams from IRM’s products and solutions. Developing and implementing strategies and business plans through understanding the customers; business model, planning and decision making channels from understanding the customer's value proposition and ability to explain how they differentiate themselves in the marketplace. Positions and illustrates alternative ways of creating the real value of IRM’s total solution offerings for customers through assessing their problems or opportunities and highlighting IRM’s areas of strength, competitive pricing, customer satisfaction and competitive advantages with net new accounts. Actively participates in marketing campaign initiatives in demand and field program execution.
● Increasing the net new revenue stream, building customer relationships through strategic conversations to understand organizational business objectives and goals, key customer decision maker(s) to structure partnership strategy as it relates to customer requirements (service level expectations, training of IM solutions, FBR structure/timetable). Ensuring frequent communication to enable superior customer satisfaction and to keep customers educated on emerging industry trends related to customer’s organizational information management needs. Employing appropriate methods of persuasion when soliciting agreement.
● Continuous prospecting to develop net new customers, as well as which include expanding existing relationships and products of assigned accounts. Maintaining a consistent ‘pipeline’ that enables meeting and exceeding quota attainment. Activities to support pipeline and account activity include, managing timely detailed responses to RFP’s, tracking activity in SFDC, forecasting, conducting competitive research and knowledge of IRM product offerings.
● Responsible for final account profitability through leading negotiation process and ensuring an acceptable on time outcome from a pricing, profitability, liability, operational, and SLA perspective for accounts to meet and exceed quota attainment. Responsible for identifying, selling and closing new areas of opportunity, securing resources and driving sales process to assist in scoping and pricing for special projects within net new and assigned accounts.
● Partnering with the customer on renewals and working through any RFP process by identifying gaps in current contract in place and understanding customer needs in order to successfully renew the contract, working with other Iron Mountain departments as necessary. Negotiating pricing and SLA as appropriate to drive customer retention strategy. May be required to perform customer needs and service analysis, make recommendations on appropriate pricing structure and contract requirements, communicate pricing programs, and contribute to RFP responses.
● Activity within industry associations in the market to increase IM awareness, through attending tradeshows, reviewing whitepapers and keeping current within market trends.
● Candidates must have a strong background and knowledge of strategic account management, sales process and solution selling
● Minimum of five years of direct sales experience in a services-based industry or equivalent
● Must have the proven ability to translate the customer need(s) into solution requirements through creating powerful value propositions and negotiation skills
● Have the ability to influence and negotiate through proven sales skills and needs identification by aligning unique insights to key customer priorities
● Must exhibit excellent written, oral and presentation skills through power messaging
● Encompasses strong interpersonal, planning, analytical skills and business acumen for effective decision making
● Candidates should be able to make business decisions and think in broad terms, considering the impact to the entire company
● Ability to team effectively at all levels of IRM and customer personnel (to include c-level) on a wide range of topics and issues
● Experience in complex sales organizations
● Possess a thorough understanding of strategic selling methodologies
Category: Sales Group
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE